12/10/2008

I Make Fire!

Ever see the Tom Hanks movie Castaway? Remember the scene, after days of trying, when he finally makes fire. He starts screaming and dancing around his fire.

Picture one Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, English Canadian dancing around his computer screaming I make bars change colour.

I am a programming master!

Maybe not.

Actually the exceptional Irish trader walked me through some basic programming in Sierra Charts. Sierra uses an XL spreadsheet to allow you to program some parameters of your plan.

The 5 and 1 minute price bars now turn colour when certain conditions are met. The spreadsheet is looking at the ATR, ADX, and CCI and turns the price bar blue for long and white for short. It's not a black box but does give me a visual of when I need to start paying attention.

I have not tried to program anything on the renko charts as they are all ready colour coded for direction, and I am looking at swing highs and lows on it. In other words I wouldn't have a clue on how to program that.

Today's trade action was horrible for me and evidenced by the severe lack of colour on my minute charts.

Here are a couple of 1 minute charts from yesterday and today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

solf,
Do the yellow bars indicate that you should stay out of market ???
Does your exceptional Irish friend have a room or web site that interested traders can visit ???

Thanks.

Solfest said...

Yes they do.

Contacting the EIT is difficult as he lives in a hollowed out volcano, except when he is at his weekend place, the underground lair.

Anonymous said...

solf,
ok GET THE HINT!
So EIT is the reclusive master who does not like to help others apart from the special ONES.
Many thanks,
(will not PESTER YOU again)
ps. if you do not ask then you get nowhere in this life

Solfest said...

Dear Anonymous:

I do not answer for the EIT. The EIT can read so the EIT can answer if the EIT so chooses.

If I did answer for the EIT I would not do so for someone who is ANONYMOUS.

FX said...

Nice blog and interesting way of writing. I came here from Jules blog and you now found your way to my feed reader and my blogroll.

Solfest said...

Thanks FX, I assume "interesting way of writing" is a compliment. :)

FX said...

of course
:D