9/11/2009

A Chart

2 Minute Crude Oil Chart
I moved the stop to break even + 1 a little early on the first signal and that's what I got. It then ran to target of course. Fortunately I got a second chance and behaved myself as it hit my target.

This machine is running vista so things look a little different. I had to program sierra again as I had not updated it as per the settings on my regular trading computer. I dropped one EMA as it seemed redundant. Hopefully the other comp gets back into service today as I can only run one monitor with this one.

9 comments:

TimC said...

Finally. Thank goodness! A chart.
What's it been? A month? Two?
:-)

Solfest said...

Ya Ya Ya.

Hey now you are one to talk Mr Post once a decade. :)

TimC said...

HA! I'm working on some new material.
"Buy low, sell high" kinda stuff. People eat that up! Oh yeah, gonna have more charts too. LOL

Jason Elfenbein said...

Buy low, sell high? Huh? I'm intrigued -- please elaborate.

TimC said...

Oh, JE, I can't reveal my secrets. But I can add that I'm currently testing a "Buy high, Sell higher/Sell low,Buy lower" strategy. It may shake the trading world!

TimC said...

Btw Sol, the reason why I stopped in again today...

Do you use an R-multiple for your profit target?

Solfest said...

DT yes, 3 times the stop. For those unfamiliar with R multiples your stop is 1R. So target is 3R.

And the magic to let me know when that probability exists......

ATR.

Jason Elfenbein said...

DT233 -- touche! :-)

Solfest -- This crude oil stuff is a wild beast. My goodness. It nearly chewed off all four of my limbs today. Yowza!

Solfest said...

JE you seemed to have tamed the beast rather nicely.