2/17/2009

I Can't Get No



No signals, no trades.

Another name for this post, not this song, could be the art of doing nothing. I have trouble with the art of doing nothing. Those of you who are familiar with GB007 will remember his quote, "the urge to trade is stronger than the urge to trade profitably".

Very true.

Especially if you have spent most of your youth and adulthood working your you know what off. It just doesn't feel right to do nothing. I'm here, I'm a trader, I should trade.

Most of us grew up with the knowledge that if you want something you have to work for it. Work harder, work harder, work harder.

It doesn't work that way in trading.

I guess we call it working smarter.

3 comments:

Solfest said...

In my perusal of the trading blogs this afternoon I see I wasn’t the only trader who did nothing, or wished they had done nothing.

I'm commenting on my own blog again.

Hmmmm

Is that just sad or really pathetic?

Jules said...

I see you are man today, Solfest. Machines can't know loneliness. :-P

Solfest said...

Another thrilling day in the market.

Maybe machines can be lonely?

Has anyone asked them?