10/20/2008

Scalping

"The act of removing the scalp, usually with the hair, as a portable proof or trophy of prowess in war." Wikipedia

Or

"A trading strategy that attempts to make many profits on small price changes. Traders who implement this strategy will place anywhere from 10 to a couple hundred trades in a single day in the belief that small moves in stock price are easier to catch than large ones." Investopedia

I have been sim trading a scalping plan on the YM (mini DOW) for the last 3 trading days. Results to date are looking positive. I need one or two more days to see if it is worth trying live.

I had a audio file sent to me discussing trading psychology, and using a plan that had a higher win rate then your standard trend following plans. The idea being that traders fail with low win rate plans as they become discouraged and deviate from the plan.

Sound familiar to anyone?

So as the volatility in this current market has made it very difficult to trade with out drastically increasing your stops I thought I would give it a try.

This is very different trading than what I am used to.

We shall see.

No comments: