10/10/2008

Trading Insanity

Not sure what to say. I'm tired.

Traded the YM again. I was up, I was down, I was up again.

One thing that was evident today was the benefit of renko bars and limit stop orders for entry.

I switched to a 10 tick renko bar so I could do the math quicker. The renko bars only print if you get the 10 ticks in one direction, so you know where the bar is going to fill. When price is getting close to your trigger point you place a limit stop order ahead of the current price. So when the market is moving like this your not chasing price, you are sitting there waiting for price to come to you.

Also means you sometimes get filled on the last tick in that direction.

I was on sim again today, which without the benefit of hindsight was the right move. Looking at all those sim dollars at the end of the day is a little tough.

Not going to post stats as I was tweaking the trade throughout the day. I'll post a few charts that show the big moves, but remember there were many trades with nothing but chop as well.

They're just not as much fun to look at.

10 Tick DOW Mini Futures Charts (click on charts to view)

No comments: